David Szafran is an attorney and a member of the Brussels Bar. He specialises in advising clients on corporate governance and corporate law, legal compliance and risks management, particularly in regulated sectors including the financial sector.
He is also a member of the Supervisory Board of the FSMA, a board member of Transparency International Belgium asbl, assessor vice president of the Belgian Competition Authority, a board member of a public company (SAU-MSI), an expert with the National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, and past chair of ISAR’s 30th Session (UNCTAD) on corporate reporting. He was also a censor and member of the audit committee of the National Bank of Belgium and chair of the audit committee and of the remuneration committee of SAU-MSI.
- Master of laws (ULB 1993)
- Master in economic and financial law (ULB 1995)
- Member of the Brussels Bar since 1993
- Member of the cabinet of the Belgian deputy prime minister (1995 – 1999)
- Assistant professor, Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB) since 2000
- Secretary General of the Institute of Registered Auditors (2000 – 2013)
- Director of PwC (2013 – 2017)
- Partner at CEW & Partners (2021)
French, Dutch, English
He writes and speaks regularly on financial law, auditing, accounting, competition law, corporate law and corporate governance. His publications include a monograph on auditor independence.