Charles Price has been a member of the Brussels Bar Association since 1982.
He graduated from the University of Sheffield in 1972 with a degree in English law. In 1973, he began his career in Belgium in one of the three largest Belgian law firms. In 1982, he was the first lawyer of British nationality to be admitted to the French-speaking Bar Association of Brussels. In 1986, he founded PRICE & PARTNERS, which merged with DLA PIPER in 2002. He has been a partner in CEW & PARTNERS since 2005.
Former Vice-President of the British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium and Luxembourg, he is a former director of CEPANI, the most well-known arbitration institution in Belgium.
He is recognized by the Brussels Bar Association as a specialist in arbitration law. He also has extensive experience in competition law, European law including aviation law and international contracts.
- Master of laws, University of Sheffield – 1972
- Master in International and Comparative Law, Vrij Universiteit Brussel – 1973
- Master of laws, Université Libre de Bruxelles – 1982
- Member of the Brussels Bar Association since 1982
- Associate at De Bandt
- Founding partner of Price & Partners
- Partner at DLA PIPER
- Partner at CEW & Partners
English and French, passive Dutch
- “Private enforcement and corporate liability for competition law infringements » in “Liber AmicorumMaurice Eloy », Anthemis, 2014 – www.jurisquare.be.
- “The CEPANI 2013 Arbitration Rules”, Olivier Caprasse et Charles Price, Volume 31, Bulletin N°4 of Swiss Arbitration Association, 2013.
- “Liability of Arbitral Institutions in International Arbitration” in “The Practice of Arbitration, Essays in Honour of Hans van Houtte”, Edited by Wautelet, Kruger and Coppens, Hart Publishing, 2012.
- “Arrêt ‘West Tankers Case’ : l’intentement ou la poursuite d’une procédure dans un Etat membre différent de celui désigné dans la convention d’arbitrage”, Journal de droit européen, avril 2009.
- Collection of CEPANI Arbitral Awards 1996-2001, Commentary on Award N° 2028, Bruylant, 2009.
- “Conflict with State Courts” in “Interim measures in International Commercial Arbitration”, Maklu, Antwerpen, 2007.
- “Using Costs as a Case Management Tool in International Arbitration”, Bulletin N°4 of Swiss Arbitration Association, 2007.
- Collection of CEPANI Arbitral Awards 1985-1995, Commentary on Award N° 2020, Bruylant, 2005.
- “From notification to approval”, a review of the Belgian merger notification rules, PLC Magazine.
- Divers épinglés dans L’Echo de La Bourse concernant principalement l’arbitrage.
- Contributor to “European Law” in The International Lawyer , Volume 34, Number 3.
- “Private International Law Aspects of Intra-Group Guarantees”, published by the Belgian Institute of Company Lawyers.
- Contributor to CCH “Doing Business in Belgium”.
- “Selling through a Distributor in Belgium” in Journal of Business Law