Jean Laurent has been a member of the Brussels Bar since 1997. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in law (public and administrative law) in 1997 from the ULB, and a “Certificate in legal studies” granted by the Aberdeen University. He achieved the title of Specialist in Public and Administrative Rights at the Bar in 2009.
He is also a member of the Commission of Public Law of the Brussels Bar and is a regular speaker in conferences or seminars organized in public and administrative law. He is co-author of a book on public service litigation and author of articles on administrative law.
He is specialised in the law of public procurement, civil service, planning and the environment, municipal law and education law for both administrations and companies or individuals. To this end, he executes proceedings before administrative authorities, before the Constitutional Court, the Council of State or the courts and tribunals of the judiciary.
- Law degree at the University of Brussels – June 1997
- Certificate in Legal Studies – Aberdeen University – January 1997
- Lawyer at the Brussels Bar since October 1997
- Partner in charge of the public law department at CEW & Partners since April 1st, 2007
- Recognition by the French Bar Association as a “specialist” in administrative law since 2009
- Member of the Commission of Public Law of the Brussels Bar since 2007
- Legal adviser to the Council of the Architects’ Association 2012-2013
- Visiting Professor at the Cooremans Institute 2014-2015
French, English and Dutch
- Articles relating to the public service litigation for IFE Articles in the newspaper Union and Action of the UCM.